Tuesday, September 29, 2009

graphing trig functions

GENERAL EQUATION

F(x)=a*sin(b(x-c))+d

KEY

a=amplitude (is a distance)
b=period (amount of occurrence in a given space)
c=Phase or horizontal shift
d=Plane or vertical shift

*note: a x-1 shifts 1 unit to the right, just as a x+1 shifts one unit to the Left, a positive x it just the -(-x), which make it a positive*

This is some fairly straight forward and basic stuff. The hardest part for me is remembering that -1 shifts right and +1 shifts left. Also i have to remember how to calculate the period of a function. That is the one thing that I have never really known how to do at all last year, and am finally learning it now for the first time.

I dont have a post for monday due to the fact that I put all my time into the class bolg. It can be viewed there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment